20+ Gluten Free Dairy Free Cookie Recipes
Cookies are one of the best desserts known to man. Individual, handheld and delicious–basically a trifecta. But, what do you do when you can’t have gluten or dairy? Never fear! I have 21 gluten-free dairy-free cookie recipes that are still scrumptious! All of these recipes would work great as a holiday cookie, or just any weekend baking project during any time of the year. Find your favorite kind–with everything from classic chocolate chip and sugar cookies to more specialty types like chocolate orange and cherry chocolate cookies. We’ve got them all covered. I listed my tried and true, popular recipes all in one spot for your inner Cookie Monster.
This post contains affiliate links.
Important information before looking at the gluten free dairy free cookie list:
Because this list of dairy free gluten free cookies are all mine, and I can personally vouch for them, I included a list of important details and possible FAQs to help you before you get baking.
Gluten free flour tips:
- Because all of these recipes are actually mine, and not a random list from the internet, I can tell you that the flour blend I recommend most is homemade gluten free flour recipe. If you would prefer to use a store-bought pre-made blend, make sure to get one that uses: brown rice flour/white rice flour, potato starch and tapioca starch (or flour).
- Because we also have nut allergies, you’ll never see the use of almond flour recommended either. I also don’t use more rare type of flours like: cassava, teft or coconut flour. It’s expensive enough being gluten-free without having to own a ton of extra flour. I do use oat flour in several cookies.
- If you only need dairy-free cookies, you can always replace gluten-free flour with regular flour 1:1, and if there’s xanthan gum called for, omit it. Simple!
Best baking pans:
- I prefer to use these baking sheets when making my cookies. I also recommend lining them with either parchment paper, or these reusable silicon baking mats. It helps the cookies have something to grip, so that they don’t spread as much.
Other baking tools needed:
- I would die without my cookie scoop (or an ice cream scoop could probably work too). It’s so nice to have the same size of cookies so that they all bake evenly. You’ll also need a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer, or even better, a stand mixer. If you’re a cookie-a-holic like I am, you’ll be glad you invested in a stand mixer so it can be mixing hands free while you prep the next ingredient. I always recommend a cooling rack too!
Other sugar options:
- My cookies are not sugar free, nor are they intended to be sugar free. You can sub coconut sugar for brown sugar 1:1, but I wouldn’t recommend using maple syrup or honey in place of white sugar, as those have more water to them and can easily throw off the texture of the cookies.
Egg replacer options:
- All of the cookies below can also be egg free (and therefore vegan too!). My son has egg food allergies, so I always include what egg replacer is best. While there are many types, like: chia egg, flax eggs or a commercial egg replacer powder I always point out which one I recommend for that particular cookie. If you can have eggs, go ahead and sub back in regular eggs. The other perk to not using eggs: eating the raw cookie dough!
- For vegan butter, I usually use Earth Balance buttery sticks, but in a few, I do prefer Crisco butter flavored shortening and in one I use coconut oil. Be sure to check each recipe for which oil/fat works best.
Dairy free chocolate chips:
- My two favorite brands are Costco’s Kirkland Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (though it doesn’t technically say “dairy free” on the label, I don’t see any dairy in the ingredients and have been fine using them. Use what you feel safe using for your own circumstances.
- For those that want other options, you can do: Enjoy Life, Nestle, and Great Value. (If you’re looking for a dairy-free M&M type of chocolate candy, the only one I’ve found is No Whey.)
To find each individual recipe card, either click on the name of the cookie, or the photo to be taken there.
Gluten Free Dairy Free S’more Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Sugar Cookie Bars
Gluten Free Dairy Free Brookies (chocolate chip cookie brownies)
Gluten Free Dairy Free Skillet Cookie (pazookie)
Gluten Free Dairy Free Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
Gluten Free Dairy-Free Sugar Cookies (Roll out and shape!)
Gluten Free Dairy Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Maple Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Black and White Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Crinkle Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free White Chocolate Craisin Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Iced Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Double Tree Chocolate Cookies (*a family favorite*)
Gluten Free Dairy Free White Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Orange Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Cherry Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough
Melted Snowman Cookies (with egg-free royal icing)
Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bats (*great for Halloween*)
I hope this long list of dairy-free gluten-free cookie recipe will give you a delicious cookie to snack on whether it’s enjoy as an after school snack, late at night, or heck even for breakfast. Go get your delicious cookie on!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS, SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT! BE SURE WHILE YOU’RE THERE TO ALSO CHECK OUT ALL OF MY DIETARY SPECIFIC PINTEREST BOARDS.