Gluten Free Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake with Peppermint Ganache (Vegan & Top 8 Free Options Too!)
Jump to Recipe
A moist, chocolate bundt cake dripping with dark chocolate peppermint ganache finished with crunchy, crushed candy canes. A decadent holiday dessert that looks more like a gift than a treat.
I made this cake last year for the finishing touch on our Christmas dinner. I didn’t have this blog then, and I’ve just been dying to make it for you guys again. I decided to make it a few days before Christmas so that I can eat it slowly and savor it.
My little boys were just about to faint from anticipation while I was finishing taking the pictures so they could have some. My barely-talking 19 month old actually started chanting “yummy, yummy” over and over after I gave him a bite. Haha, I’d say that’s a win. If you hardly talk, but feel the need to express that this cake is yummy, then I’ve done my job.
Fancy enough for guests this impressive, rich dessert will be the perfect ending to your holiday get together.
Whatever you decide to make for your holiday feast, I hope it’s a good, safe one and that you have a wonderful Christmas week dear reader!
DO I HAVE ANY OTHER GLUTEN FREE CHRISTMAS RECIPES?
Yes I do! I love delicious, yet SAFE and INCLUSIVE food at holiday parties. All of my recipes are *dairy free*. They are also all gluten-free too. If you don’t not need them to be gluten-free, they turn out great swapping back in regular flour 1:1 and omitting the xanthan gum (if called for.) Check out my list for other more delicious recipes:
- Powdered mix hot cocoa recipe
- Reindeer Rice Krispies
- Eggnog Cupcakes with Eggnog Frosting
- Cherry chocolate thumbprint cookies
- Maple cookies with maple glaze
- Soft, roll out sugar cookies
- Chocolate orange cookies
- Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
- No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate peppermint crinkle cookies
- Dairy Free Fudge
- Dairy Free Peppermint Patties
- Homemade Oreos
- Christmas Rice Krispie Roll
- White chocolate dipped peppermint cookies
- Peppermint Pie recipe
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
Continue to Content
- 1 and 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cup vanilla rice milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup dairy-free, soy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vanilla rice milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a stand mixer, blend the dry ingredients well.
- Slowly add in the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix until blended, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour into a very well greased bundt cake pan (be sure to grease it well as you do NOT want it sticking to pan, otherwise it will ruin the shape of your cake.)
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until it starts to come from the sides of the pan and springs to the touch of your finger.
- Allow to cool in the pan 2-3 minutes. Then, turn the cake upside down on a plate to release it from the pan. Allow the cake to cool while you make the ganache and crush the candy canes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, put the chocolate chips and rice milk. Heat for 30 seconds at a time and stir until everything is melted and incorporated. Once melted, add the peppermint extract. Spoon over the cooled cake a little at a time, until you have the desired effect.
- Garnish with crushed candy canes.
*I halved my original recipe, as I like a smaller bundt. I find that it cooks more evenly. Plus, I like to not have as much around to tempt me! But, feel free to double if you’re feeding a large crowd.
Yield: 8Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 193Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Chocolate cake recipe adapted from The Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook